Monday, April 7, 2008

Personal Statement

I would like to apply for the field of elementary education, which is why I'm writing this letter. I have always wanted to help people so I decided that i wanted to help children learn. I strongly believe that I can be able to teach and help children learn. I also believe that I have the skills to be the best I can be at this career.

My experience is that I was in peer helping and natural helpers which was very fun and I really enjoyed helping other. This opened my eyes to a whole new thing, which made me realize I should try to help others learn. I've worked at Wal-mart for two years and my job deals with problem solving, communication skills, and helping others find what there looking for. Whenever I have little kids with there parents come through my line, I always realize how I'd love to teach them someday and how much I would enjoy that.

My goals for the future is to go to college and get a teaching degree so that I can teach little kids how to learn and just help them with anything and everyday problems they might have. I also want to help out children who aren't very fortunate and take them in no matter what.

The skills that I have are problem solving, communication skills, leadership, computer skills and making sure people are finding everything. Some responsibilities that I've undertaken were babysitting my younger cousins and other people's children which opened my eyes to loving children. I am honest and not afraid to show who I am as a person which shows I have integrity.

I think you should pick me because I'm easy-going, fun loving, and I will try my best whenever and whatever the circumstances are. I'm not afraid to show who I am and not afraid to teach others what this world is really like.

1 comment:

Jenny_C said...

My overall grade for you is a 4 out of 5. You had a lot of details and explained very well about why you wanted to become a teacher. You have a lot of good reasons to become a teacher. However, in the first paragraph, I may take out the part where you say I have always wanted to help people, because you had that in the sentence before. Overall, you did a very good job.